Sunday, March 21, 2010

@Frost/Nixon

Well I didn't like this movie at all. To begin with, the two main characters David Frost and Richard Noxin spoke in such a way that it was really hard for them to understand. Besides that, the movie is kind of unrealistic in that it implies that just because someone is super likable and suave, that he can beat an american president in a debate. I don't know about you, but I am getting pretty tired of this cool-guy-conquers-the-world template.
Frost looked like he hadn't worked a day in his life except to be funny and tell jokes and stuff on tv shows and then he was all hard on richard nixon. Plus the guy playing nixon didn't really look like the real nixon and used some salty language which I felt demeaned the office.
Also, why should a brittish guy who lives dewn-undah (~g'day mate!) give a crap about a fallen american prez? Who does he think he is trying to take down the guy who set up the first earth day in 1970?! I mean nixon worked his KEISTER off to get to where he was and then to have some petulant child tell him that he's a shyster? Really?
This movie left an extremely fowl taste in my mouth. I do not recommend anyone watch this movie whatsoever. To paraphrase some of the salty language fake nixon from the movie used, I hope the M***********s who made this movie CHOKE!

Also I think I'm going to start instituting a rating system to put numbers to how much I like movies. I'll call it the at system and it will range from zero to 5 ats (@). This movie gets a shocking zero ats.

3 comments:

  1. If you'd like to see Richard Nixon defend the honor of the Presidency, maybe you should check out this movie called Black Dynamite. Don't let the title fool you, there's no actual TNT in the film. It's a metaphor for something else...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you've given me several interesting suggestion suggestions and I look forward to having a peek! I'm also curiouus about this metaphor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just a general note, I felt kind of bad about using such fowl language yesterday in my review of Frost and Nixon. I was very upset by the movie but that's no reason for me to be crass. Going back and reading it today, I saw just how mean it sounded. I don't really hope the makers of the movie choke.

    ReplyDelete